Friday, December 25, 2009

HO HO Snow

Christmas has come and gone again. I sit here in what I think is our living room. It is filled with pieces of wrapping paper and lose pieces from games and Barbies. We had no toys to put together this year. But I did have a MP3 Player that took 4 hours to load. I have prepared myself for endless days of watching the Wizard of OZ and asst. Veggie Tales movies.

We did go over to my sister today. I managed to get through the slush. As I was eating my second helping of Lefsa, I took a look around and notice how blessed my family has been. Despite all of the struggles and changes we had another Christmas together. We have learned or should I say we are learning to trust the Lord more.

I must confess I was not that into the holidays this year. I am not sure it it just came so fast or I just didn't have time. As I watched all of the kids open there gifts and paper was flying I was reminded about the excitement of the holidays. It was the gift. Not the ones we give and receive from each of, But the one we got on this day over 2000 years ago. The gift of Jesus and what he gave us. I can't help but smile and hum silent night as I type.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment